SERVPRO of Mission Valley East Turns Smoke Damage into a Hazy Memory.
Smoke and fire can leave a large range of damage. At SERVPRO® of Mission Valley East, we can walk through the restoration process with you. Our teams can help restore your home and belongings from a variety of damage; and we are #HereToHelp.
SERVPRO of Mission Valley East: 619-303-3599
Smoke damage gets worse over time, so call as soon as you can. Our emergency services are always available.
Smoke causes different types of damage, all of them bad for structures, belongings, and people. SERVPRO of Mission Valley East is a leader in remediation of smoke damage and in the restoration of property and belongings.
Smoke Damage Can Exist without Fire Damage
We’ve seen it in many times in and around Mission Valley during wildfire season. Smoke travels from areas as far as Oregon, decreasing visibility and staining the paint on our walls.
Imagine what a fire close to home can do.
During and after a fire, smoke travels from the flames to cooler zones, and to upper levels of the structures. No matter where the fire started, or how well contained it was, smoke damage will often appear in the upper floors.
SERVPRO of Mission Valley East teams will follow the paths that smoke particles take, allowing them to find and remediate damage before it gets worse.
Types of Smoke Residue
Many insurance companies require homeowners to use professionals (such as SERVPRO of Mission Valley East) to remediate smoke damage because we can identify different types of residue and treat them correctly, allowing us to save more items than nonprofessionals can.
Common Types of Smoke Residue Include:
- Dry – this deposit happens when materials burn at high temperatures. The smoke deposits usually do not spread much, and the residue is dry. The residue is still corrosive and must be removed.
- Wet – the deposit comes from flames with lower temperatures than most fires. The residue is sticky, malodorous, and spreads easily. It is not easily removed.
- Protein – This one is tricky. It is difficult to detect except for its effects. It comes from proteins (such as organic materials, as in wood or cotton). It can stain paints, varnishes, and dyes, and has a lingering, unpleasant, hard-to-eliminate odor. It requires different cleaning techniques on different materials.
Our team members will:
- Remove the smoke damage thoroughly and safely
- Ensure the safety of your family
- Follow the best practices of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA)
- Clean and Disinfect the house (including the insides of air vents) and belongings
- Eliminate odors
- Help restore you home and belongings to preloss conditions
SERVPRO of Mission Valley East Wishes A Glorious 2021 to All Our Neighbors
We hope to see you on the beach, at outdoor concerts, and at family-friendly events again.