SERVPRO of Mission Valley East Can Help Restore Homes from Feast Damages
If Thanksgiving cooking gets a little out of hand this year, SERVPRO® of Mission Valley East can help eliminate odors and remediate smoke damage.
SERVPRO of Mission Valley East: we hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
If a disaster happens, even on Thanksgiving itself, call us. We are available for emergencies all day, every day, regardless of the day.
Some of the Things SERVPRO of Mission Valley East Can Do
- Remove smoke damage from the entire house. Smoke travels through the HVAC system to all parts of the house, so our teams will look for evidence of such damage and remove it.
- Eliminate odors. Odors from smoke aren’t the only ones that last longer than the meal. San Diego children are delightfully creative about hiding food, and if the dog doesn’t find it, human noses eventually will.
- Clean kitchens, bathrooms, … all rooms.
- If there is a musty smell, we’ll search for mold damage and mitigate it.
- Disinfect all surfaces, even within the HVAC
- Restore upholstery, carpet, curtains and other textiles from smoke damage, food stains, and evidence of sloppy family members
- Replace drywall (we promise not to ask how that destruction happened)
- Repaint (cranberry sauce does not qualify as decoration)
If you suspect mold or smoke damage, call us as soon as you can. Mold and smoke (or soot) continue to cause damage until they are removed.
The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) notes that many kinds of environmental damage (water, mold, soot, and smoke) can be hazardous to health as well as destructive to structures and home belongings.
They recommend that homeowners hire people who have professional training to remediate such damage. They require that businesses hire professionals unless the damaged area is under 3 feet square.
As a country, we have a long history of celebrating Thanksgiving, but we’ve added options over the years. People can celebrate:
- Thanksgiving – either with traditional foods, vegetarian, or from any of the cultures that comprise the population
- Friendsgiving – a focus on the families we create, the meal can include traditional options, pizza, or anything the people want
Celebrations include other decisions, such as:
- Grill outdoors or cook inside
- Order takeout
- Turkey, fish, vegetarian, …
- Salsa verde or salsa roja
- Sweet potatoes, potatoes, or dressing (“yes”, we say when given a choice because why discriminate amongst carbohydrates?)
- Walk after the meal or bike after the meal
Happy Everything from SERVPRO of Mission Valley East
We hope the best for you.