Storm Safety Tips for Mission Valley
Winter Safety Tips
SERVPRO® of Mission Valley East wants Mission Valley residents to be safe this winter, and with all the power outages we have been experiencing, we offer these preparedness tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency:
- Take an inventory now of the items you need that rely on electricity.
- Talk to your medical provider about a power outage plan for medical devices powered by electricity and refrigerated medicines. Find out how long medication can be stored at higher temperatures and get specific guidance for any medications that are critical for life.
- Plan for batteries and other alternatives to meet your needs when the power goes out.
- Sign up for local alerts and warning systems.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors with battery backup in central locations on every level of your home.
- Determine whether your home phone will work in a power outage and how long battery backup will last.
- Review the supplies that are available in case of no power. Have flashlights with extra batteries for every household member. Have enough nonperishable food and water.
- Use a thermometer in the refrigerator and freezer so that you can know the temperature when the power is restored.
- Keep mobile phones and other electric equipment charged and gas tanks full.
If you have a storm damage emergency in Mission Valley, SERVPRO® of Mission Valley East is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 619-303-3599. We’ll restore your storm damage “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Mission Valley East is Independently Owned and Operated.