Storm-damaged Roof in Allied Gardens?
SERVPRO® of Mission Valley East responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in Allied Gardens.
Here are some tips for protecting your roof from strong winds from State Farm Insurance:
- Strong winds can cause shingles to peel off, especially if edge shingles are not well secured or the adhesive on their tabs has failed
- A roofing professional can evaluate your roof, and if needed, additional roofing cement can be added under each tab to help keep the shingles attached during a high-wind event
- The shingles should be attached to roof decking of solid 5/8-inch-thick plywood
- The roof decking should be attached to the roof framing using eight diameter ring shank nails and a secondary water barrier created by installing self-adhering flashing tape over the joints in the roof deck
- For greater resistance to wind uplift, apply a bead of construction adhesive along both sides of the intersection between the roof decking and the rafters or trusses. Your roofing professional can provide you with information about additional safeguards.
Call Us Today!
When your home or business has storm damage, SERVPRO® of Mission Valley East is Here to Help. ® We have a team of highly trained technicians ready to respond 24-hours a day to storm damage emergencies in Allied Gardens. Call us today at 619-303-3599. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.