Fire Escape Planning in Grantville?
Grantville families need to know.
Have you practiced your escape plan lately? According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), only one out of every three households who have developed an escape plan has actually practiced the plan. SERVPRO® of Mission Valley East offers these tips from the NFPA for escape planning:
- Draw a map of your home showing all doors and windows. Discuss the plan with everyone in your home.
- Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible. Make sure all doors and windows leading outside open easily.
- Have an outside meeting place (like a tree, light pole, or a mailbox) a safe distance away from the home where everyone can meet
- Practice your home fire drill at night and during the day with everyone in your home, twice a year
- Practice using different ways out
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them
- Close doors behind you as you leave as a closed-door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire
- Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area
- Install alarms on every level of the home
- Households with children should consider drawing a floor plan of the home, marking two ways out of each room, including windows and doors
Call Us Today!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.