Smoke Detector Safety Tips for Tierrasanta Homes?
Our team in Mission Valley East responds to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day, every day of the year in Tierrasanta. Smoke alarms play a critical role in a home fire escape plan. Working fire alarms give residents early warning so they can get out of the house quickly. Here are some smoke alarm safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
Smoke Alarm Safety
- A closed-door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area.
- Install alarms on every level of the home.
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- Today’s smoke alarms will be more technologically advanced to respond to a multitude of fire conditions yet mitigate false alarms
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every ten years
Call Us Today!
When your Tierrasanta home or commercial business needs fire damage restoration services, our local team in Mission Valley East will restore the damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 619-303-3599.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.