Grease Fire in Mission Valley Kitchen?
The National Fire Protection Association reports cooking fires as the number one cause of fire damage in homes in the United States. Our team in Mission Valley East has the training, equipment, and experience to mitigate and restore fire damage, no matter how big the job is. Here are some tips from the NFPA for cooking safely:
What you should know about home cooking safety
- Keep a lid nearby when you’re cooking to smother small grease fires. Smother the fire by sliding the lid over the pan and turning off the stovetop. Leave the pan covered until it is completely cooled.
- Be on alert! Don’t use the stove or stovetop if you are sleepy or have consumed alcohol.
- Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, grilling, boiling, or broiling food
- If you are simmering, baking, or roasting food, check it regularly, remain in the kitchen while food is cooking, and use a timer to remind you that you are cooking
- Keep anything that can catch fire. Keep oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels, or curtains — away from your stovetop.
Call Us Today!
Cooking fires can happen at any time in Tierrasanta. When your Mission Valley home or commercial business needs fire damage restoration services, our local team in Mission Valley East is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 619-303-3599.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.