Heating Equipment Fire in Serra Mesa Home?
Our local Mission Valley East team is trained and certified to restore fire damage quickly and efficiently in Serra Mesa. Heating equipment fires are common during winter when we spend more time indoors and use heating equipment.
Here are some statistics from the National Fire Protection Association on heating equipment fires:
- Heating equipment is a leading cause of fires in U.S. homes. Local fire departments responded to an estimated average of 48,530 fires involving heating equipment each year in 2014-2018. These fires resulted in annual losses of 500 civilian deaths, 1,350 civilian injuries, and $1.1 billion in direct property damage.
- Heating equipment caused one in seven home structure fires (14%) that took place in 2014–2018 and 19% of home fire deaths
- The leading factor contributing to home heating fires (25%) was a failure to clean, principally from solid-fueled heating equipment, primarily chimneys
- Over half (54%) of home heating fire deaths were caused by having heating equipment too close to things that can burn, such as upholstered furniture, clothing, mattress, or bedding
- A vast majority of home heating fire deaths (81%) involved stationary or portable space heaters
- Nearly half (48%) of all home heating fires occurred in January, February, and December
Call Us Today!
Our team in Mission Valley East is Here to Help ® when you have a fire damage emergency in your Serra Mesa home or commercial business. Call us today at 619-303-3599.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.