Atmospheric Rivers Cause Flooding in Mission Valley?
In January, the San Diego River overflowed its banks and flooded the area behind the Fashion Valley Shopping Center. Our local team in Mission Valley East helped many residents and businesses with storm and water damage emergencies.
Our use of powerful, industrial-grade equipment allows us to quickly extract the bulk of the water and thoroughly dry the compromised areas. Here are some tips from Federal Emergency Management Agency on things you can do to stay safe during a flood:
- If told to evacuate, evacuate immediately. Never drive around barricades. Local responders use them to safely direct traffic out of flooded areas.
- Contact your health provider if you are sick and need medical attention. Wait for further care instructions and shelter in place, if possible. Call 9-1-1 if you have a medical emergency.
- Listen to the Emergency Alert System (EAS), NOAA Weather Radio, or local alerting systems for current information and instructions regarding flooding
- Get to the highest level if trapped in a building. Do not climb into a closed attic space and only get on the roof if necessary and once there is a signal for help.
- Stay off bridges and out of fast-moving water. Turn Around. Don’t Drown!
- Say inside your car if it is trapped in rapidly moving water. Get on the roof if water is rising inside the vehicle.
Call Us Today!
Our team in Mission Valley East is Here to Help ® when your home or commercial business in Mission Valley needs emergency storm damage restoration services. Call us today at 619-303-3599.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.