Leaking Shower Pan Causes Mold Outbreak in Serra Mesa Home?
Our local Mission Valley East team has been remediating water-related mold damage for many years in Serra Mesa. According to a study done by the Insurance Institute of Business and Home Safety (IBHS), over half of the shower stall water damage incidents were related to a faulty shower pan. So, if you have a faulty shower pan, you may have hidden water and mold damage. Here are some loss prevention and maintenance tips for showers from the IBHS:
Inspect tile and grout every six months, paying attention to loose or cracked tiles or cracked and crumbling grout lines. Repair as needed.
Test the shower pan annually by:
- Blocking the drain
- Fill the shower stall with about one inch of water
- Use a pencil to mark the waterline
- Leave the water standing in the shower pan for 8 hours
- If the water level decreases, contact a plumbing professional
Mold Remediation Process
- Emergency Contact – 619-303-3599
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Call Us Today!
When your Serra Mesa home or commercial business has mold damage, our local team in Mission Valley East is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 619-303-3599.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.